A Non objection certificate or NOC is a piece of document that is issued by a regional RTO for re-registration of a vehicle when moving from one state to another. Any questions related to an NOC? This is your blog.
When do you need an NOC? When you move from one state to another for more than 3 months with your vehicle, an NOC has to be issued by the regional RTO.
Why do you need an NOC? This is a piece of document that is used to ensure that a vehicle does not have any pre-existing taxes. It is also used for the re-registration of a vehicle in another state.
What are the documents needed to get an NOC? The documents are as follows,
- Registration certificate (RC)
- Insurance certificate
- Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
- Emission test certificate (pollution under control certificate – PUC)
- Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement
- Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
- Photo identity and address proof
How to apply for a certificate?
- The owner of the vehicle will need to visit the local RTO in person to submit the application for the NOC.
- A completed CMV 28 form needs to be submitted along with the above documents.
- Make a payment of ₹ 100 for the NOC application.
- Once the application has been submitted, the RTO will obtain a report of the vehicle from the Police authority to check if the vehicle is involved in any criminal case or stolen.
- If there are no outstanding dues or cases pending against the vehicle, a receipt of clearance is obtained and No Objection Certificate is issued.
- The RTO will take three business days to issue the NOC Certificate.
How long is an NOC valid? An NOC is valid for a total of 6 months and needs to be renewed after.
Are all your questions resolved? We can do you one better. Instead of having to do all of this, you can just contact Doqfy and have them ease you through this entire process. Our team of legal counsel makes sure you encounter absolutely no hiccups along the way. Doqfy is one of the best platforms with state of the art facilities like online archives, e-stamping, and franking.